16.9.14

LFW | Temperley London Spring/Summer 2015






I haven't done a collections post in a while so please bare with me...

So Alice Temperley is a genius. Her bridal wear is always amazing and her collections are always mad versatile. This collection has been a favourite at London Fashion Week so far and i can't stop looking through all the pictures.
The images I chose are my most loved garments from the collection, clothes I can imagine myself wearing/buying and I wanted to show you guys the general themes of the collection.
Okay so to begin on what I love the most. The Tailoring. O M G. The pastel pink suit is literally one of the most beautifully tailored women's suits I have seen so far this year, its not too sharp but not too weak, the way is glides cross the model shoulders and the sleeves rest lightly on the wrists, ohhhh yessss. All the Jackets/Blazers are so beautifully shaped and constructed, I couldn't fault it at all.
All though versatile, the collection prominently uses pastel colours. okay now this is the dealio, I have never, ever, been extremely in love with pastel colours, despite it being a massive trend a few seasons back. But the way its styled and used here is interesting. It's not used for the typical preppy tennis skirts or mini dresses you see all the time, it's used on garments that have interesting handle, textures, weaves and shape, I love it.
Oh and this dress, it's grown on me a lot over the last few viewings. I originally wasn't really too keen on the length, especially with the slits but I'm starting to see how it might work, I imagine the dress is only made for slower motion so that it would glide more gently as the wearer walks, I love the suiting-like fabric used and the cut outs are fab.
The fabric choices in this collection are all round very interesting and work well together to create something experimentally perfect.
I would say the collection does scream SPRING more than summer though but i wouldn't be mad wearing it in the Summer too.

VA x E&N

*